During our fifth week in our Social Networking class, we were asked to explore curation by:
- Developing a checklist of 15 to 20 criteria that will serve as a tool for assessing the quality & value of an education-related curated topic with our PLN.
- Using a curation tool like Scoopit, Educlipper, LessonPaths, PearlTrees, Livebinders, etc. curate a topic (with 25 resources) of our choice, applicable to our content areas and/or grade level.
- Post it on any platform (Facebook, Blog post) so both us & our mini-PLN group can give feedback to one another using the criteria we developed.
- Self-assess the value of our own curation using all of our group’s curation criteria in our assessment (& post the results in the comments section where we posted our link to the Curated Topic)
- Assess our group members curation’s using the same checklist & ensuring that we again, use all of our group’s curation criteria in our assessment, noting what was especially noteworthy & also what needs further development/tweaking.
Artifact 1: Curated Content
Artifact 2: Self-Assessment using Curation Criteria
The process my PLN used to create this checklist was very smooth running. One of our group members (Katie) initiated action and decide upon a (fantastic & creative) theme for our checklist because she wanted to complete the assignment sooner than later. We used Google Docs, E-mail, and Facebook Messenger to communicate. We created our Curation Criteria using Google Docs & posting our work in different colors to see exactly what we were doing and then it was streamlined and revised by each of us individually to share with the class. I think our PLN will work well together on future projects & I am excited to see our growth as a network.
AECT Standard 1.2 Using:In order to create the content curation I needed to select and use technological resources and processes by conducting research on curation and applying it to curate. I did this to learn how to and provide information for others on how to effectively support student learning and to enhance our pedagogies.
AECT Standard 4.3 Reflection on Practice: In order to create my content curation I needed to analyze and interpret the curation criteria data that my PLN compiled and ensure that my content curation reflected the effectiveness of the design, development and implementation of technology-supported instruction and learning to enhance my own & others professional growth.